contact

Follow

Button

the times are changin'
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 11, 2012

low calorie high protein

i have really been struggling with being hungry all day. i'm also trying to cut down on calories. not the best combo, especially when you don't have a lot of extra time or energy in your schedule to be working out everyday (this is going to change, though, i have decided.) i have been on the lookout for high protein but low calorie foods. i found this list on livestrong.com and decided to share it. mostly because now i won't forget where i found it:


1. Seafood. This is a hit and a miss. But I'd like to add more fish to my diet not only for the low-cal, high-protein business, but also for all the nutrients it also has.
2. Cottage cheese. See...I don't know about this one. I haven't had it in a really long time, so I don't remember what it tastes like, but apparently I need to reopen this door in my life.
3. Eggs. Eating just the whites cuts down on cholesterol.
4. Chicken. 6 slices of the deli meat I have been eating for lunch is 98% fat free and only 50 calories. Word.
5. Soy. Edamame is cholesterol-free, too.

i will be looking for recipes for these 5 things soon.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment