contact

Follow

Button

the times are changin'
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 7, 2011

i was senseless and ignorant...


but...
"7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; 
   even at night my heart instructs me. " psalm 16:7


as i lay in bed i senselessly and ignorantly denied you were speaking to my heart, Lord, but I must believe it was the Lord who reminded me and led me to these psalms not because He works in superstitious and sensational ways but because He lives and loves and is for me.

32 The poor will see and be glad—
you who seek God, may your hearts live! 

33 The LORD hears the needy 
and does not despise his captive people.
34 Let heaven and earth praise him, 

the seas and all that move in them, 

35 for God will save Zion 
and rebuild the cities of Judah.
Then people will settle there and possess it; 
 36 the children of his servants will inherit it, 
and those who love his name will dwell there.
--psalm 69:32-36


 1 Surely God is good to Israel, 
to those who are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; 
I had nearly lost my foothold. 
21 When my heart was grieved 
and my spirit embittered,
22 I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.
23 Yet I am always with you; 
you hold me by my right hand. 
24 You guide me with your counsel, 
and afterward you will take me into glory. 
25 Whom have I in heaven but you? 
And earth has nothing I desire besides you. 
26 My flesh and my heart may fail, 
but God is the strength of my heart 
and my portion forever.
27 Those who are far from you will perish; 
you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. 
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; 
I will tell of all your deeds.
--psalm 73:1-2, 21-28

He will take you
if you run He will chase you
cause He is the Lord
--sufjan stevens


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment