contact

Follow

Button

the times are changin'
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

your mercies are new every morning



i woke in the same way i fell asleep--troubled and overwhelmed. but You have indeed renewed Your mercies. andrew peterson put it this way:

Isn't it love:
This well that won't run dry?
And when I think about that prodigal son,
I've got to smile when I see the old man run.
And I know that You love us the same,
'Cause the sun came up today;
Just as if we deserved it --
Just as if any one of us fools was worth it;
Truth is that we'll never be perfect, but You love us just the same.

the psalmist david (ps 31) put it this way:

be merciful to me, o Lord, for i am in distress;
my eyes grow weak with sorrow,
my soul and my body with grief...
i have become like broken pottery...
but i trust in You, o Lord;
i say, "You are my God."
my times are in Your hands; deliver me...
love the Lord, all His saints!
the Lord preserves the faithful,
but the proud He pays back in full.
be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the Lord.

my times are in Your hands, Papa.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment